RRCo Reviews: Fansproject Pinchar

Vigadeath
Minibot

RRCo Reviews: Fansproject Pinchar

Post by Vigadeath » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:26 am

New from Refined Robot Co.! Taking a look at Fansproject Pinchar and the changing aesthetics of the Lost Exo Realm line!

'Four years. Four bloody years. In 2014 Fansproject released Lost Exo Realm Columpio and officially entered the Dinobot war. Now, in 2018 we finally, finally have the fifth and final Dinobot (talking about the classic line up here) in the form of Pinchar and well... some things have changed. Be it a change in the design team, inconsistent aesthetic guidelines or just the product of a line changing over the years of release, there are several distinctions and differences throughout the LER toys, some minor, others a little more jarring to those with the eye for such details.

Pinchar and his Soleron meleemaster partner, Lepida are fine, they're just, fine. Maybe it's the extended wait but I feel this toy's value lies more in the completion of my Fansproject Dinobots than in the toy itself. Sure it's a good toy, well made, well designed and looks great with the rest of the LER crew and that's just, fine. It doesn't do anything special or new that we haven't seen in the line already and there's nothing particularly smart about the transformation. There could have been a really nifty trick or two with the tail and the backpack it creates but instead we have a strange overhanging piece and overly protruding tail sections which admittedly, I actually like but even a cursory glance shows how a few improvements could have been made.

You can read the whole article at: http://refinedrobotco.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... f.html?m=1
Attachments
DSC_2048.JPG
DSC_2048.JPG (333.67 KiB) Viewed 343 times
Keep it #Refined
refinedrobotco.blogspot.co.uk

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Re: RRCo Reviews: Fansproject Pinchar

Post by Ottertron » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:33 pm

I've only been collecting since April last year and yet I feel like I've waited years for this fella!! The FP four core Dinonots were the second thing I bought, so Snarl is definitely missed. Roll on payday!!

Vigadeath
Minibot

Post by Vigadeath » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Well for you it's been less than a year since this journey began! Sadly, even after four years of releases Pinchar still feels like a toy from four years ago.....
Keep it #Refined

Baltan
Minibot

Post by Baltan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 am

Really not digging that stegosaur mode, flashbacks to how all the 3P versions of Skullcruncher looked like weird lizards instead of being remotely crocodilian.

Vigadeath
Minibot

Post by Vigadeath » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 am

Oh really? I felt that the FP Skullcruncher looks great! I'd even say the TR toy took numerous design cues from it.
Keep it #Refined