Toys You Want to 'Catch Up' On!

Brobe
Minibot
Been thanked: 0

Re: Toys You Want to 'Catch Up' On!

Post by Brobe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:53 am

This year is probably the year I track down a Beast Wars Return Thrust to complete my display.

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs
Has thanked: 0

Post by tainkirrahe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:18 am

Marken wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 am
Perfect Fusion is a sub line / imprint of Fans Toys they, apparently, use to book additional factory time. I've heard stories that some Chinese factories give a certain amount of time per manufacturer to their regular customers. Understandably they try to keep all their customers happy by not giving preferential treatment to one manufacturer.

As for price, that hasn't been disclosed but Fans Toys Dinobots retailed for about $200ish per figure whereas PF Cesium (their updated MP scale Slagg) sells for about $130 despite being bigger and more detailed than their original sculpt (Scoria).

As for Quietus, maybe he'll be a similar price to Sovereign (MP Galvatron) which is going for £114.99 on TFS-Express.
Wow, that's not too shabby at all - especially considering actual Takara MPs are moving up into the £180-£200 price range. This is one to keep my eye on, thank you!

SoundJack426

Post by SoundJack426 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Biggest regret was not being into buying Transformers while Animated was on. I LOVE that show and now I’m really into collecting, I REALLY want to get them. I’ve got a handful now (Soundwave w/ Laserbeak, Shockwave, Oil Slick, & Ratchet), but I definitely want more.

Also wish I got some of the RiD15 Cons when they were out. (Thunderhoof, Quillfire, Fracture, etc.)
YouTube channel (Reviews, Rambles, etc): SoundJack426
Twitter (Updates for the channel and where I hang out): @SoundJack426
Instagram (Photos used in reviews plus extras): @soundjack426

LogosMinor

Post by LogosMinor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:43 pm

In my case it's so much as catching up as it is rebuilding collections that have shrunken over time. As a kid I had tons of RID 2001 figures that were lost to a yard sale before a big move. Further ahead to my early days of collecting I was big into Classics and Universe but sold off most of them in college to make some extra cash. I've since started to rebuild both collections, only this time I'm going and grabbing the Takara versions of both crops of figures :mrgreen:

dustbunny105
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: she/they

Post by dustbunny105 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 pm

I wasn't planning on getting any of the PotP Dinobots aside from Slash, but now that I've seen Swoop in person as he's in-stock at work, I'm very tempted. For older stuff, Beast Wars remains my favorite franchise and I only recently started collecting, so there are a lot that I'd like to get my hands on.

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am

dustbunny105 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 pm
I wasn't planning on getting any of the PotP Dinobots aside from Slash, but now that I've seen Swoop in person as he's in-stock at work, I'm very tempted. For older stuff, Beast Wars remains my favorite franchise and I only recently started collecting, so there are a lot that I'd like to get my hands on.
I love Dinobots but I have to admit I'm not impressed with the POTP ones aesthetic at all. I bought the MFT OS Legends ones instead.

dustbunny105
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: she/they

Post by dustbunny105 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Ottertron wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:55 am
dustbunny105 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 pm
I love Dinobots but I have to admit I'm not impressed with the POTP ones aesthetic at all. I bought the MFT OS Legends ones instead.
The PotP Dinobots aesthetic doesn't wow me but I do still rather like it. Just looked up pics of the MFT figures, though, and I gotta say they look great :O

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Their joints are a bit squeaky tight and there's some tight clearances in the transformations but they look more like an update of the original G1 guys than the POTP ones, plus no crappy combiner gimmick parts to spoil things. I just wish they'd hurry up and release Snarl and Grimlock