Toys You Want to 'Catch Up' On!

Sappholopod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Toys You Want to 'Catch Up' On!

Post by Sappholopod » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 am

Are there any toys you passed on or missed out on that you'd really like to pick up now?

Right now I've really been thinking about picking up all the Revenge if the Fallen scout decos I missed out on, like Oil Pan and Scattorshot and Chopsaw. They're all good toys with interesting designs and best of all- more or less blank slates.

RungLover69
Minibot

Re: Toys You Want to 'Catch Up' On!

Post by RungLover69 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am

Basically the majority of the RID01 line.at the moment because a little while ago I rewatched car robots and really enjoyed it. So far I've got optimus prime, t30 skybyte, and gigatron. It's going to be difficult, especially black convoy but I really loved the show and love the designs.

SwedishRobotFish
Minibot

Post by SwedishRobotFish » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:06 am

RungLover69 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am
Basically the majority of the RID01 line.at the moment because a little while ago I rewatched car robots and really enjoyed it. So far I've got optimus prime, t30 skybyte, and gigatron. It's going to be difficult, especially black convoy but I really loved the show and love the designs.
Same here. RID01 was never available in my neck of the woods, so it's always been a bit of an elusive novelty. Picked up a complete Optimus at AA14 and I've been picking up the odd one ever since. Recently got the car brothers and Team Shinkansen is en route to me as we speak. With the release of the Encore God Fire Convoy set next month I'll have all the unique molds from the line. After that I recon I'll start tracking down the repaints.

Sigma Magnus
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: He/him, Genderfluid

Post by Sigma Magnus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:14 pm

The oldest ones on my wish list aren't even that old: I'm currently trying to find CW Alpha Bravo, Offroad, Rook, and Blast Off.
@sigma_magnus on Twitter!

lilastromech

Post by lilastromech » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 pm

I'd really like to get a hold of Arms Micron Ironhide and Rumble; the latter primarily because I want to repurpose them as Freezon http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Freezon :)
"Always try to be nice, never fail to be kind."

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm

I only really hit the 3P scene hard in the latter half of 2017 so there's a WHOLE BUNCH of them, but the one I'm most thirsty for right now is X-Transbots Eligos (not-Cyclonus). He's just...perfect.

Broadside
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: Female

Post by Broadside » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:41 pm

I just got Energon Tidal Wave.
He's huge.

(oh and I also want to get TLK Nitro and Megatron if that counts)
(also, Transformers Go Hunter Ratchet, because he looks gorgeous)

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:58 pm

tainkirrahe wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:24 pm
I only really hit the 3P scene hard in the latter half of 2017 so there's a WHOLE BUNCH of them, but the one I'm most thirsty for right now is X-Transbots Eligos (not-Cyclonus). He's just...perfect.
I was gonna go for him as I have Andras and he is perfection, but then I saw the upcoming Perfect Effect Cyclonus......... :o

Sigma Magnus
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: He/him, Genderfluid

Post by Sigma Magnus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Ottertron wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:58 pm
upcoming Perfect Effect Cyclonus......... :o
Wait WHAT
@sigma_magnus on Twitter!

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Sigma Magnus wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Ottertron wrote:
upcoming Perfect Effect Cyclonus......... :o
Wait WHAT
WAIT WHAT x2 WHAT IN THE WHERE WHEN HOW WHY WHAT'S HE CALLED??

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Ottertron wrote:
tainkirrahe wrote:
I was gonna go for him as I have Andras and he is perfection, but then I saw the upcoming Perfect Effect Cyclonus......... :o
Sorry, not Perfect Effect, it's 'Perfect Fusion', which is something to do with Fanstoys -

...so, as you can see by the photo, he has various add-on bits so he can be either yer Geewun Cyclonus OR an MP MTMTE Cyclonus!!!! :o :o :o

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Ottertron wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm
Ottertron wrote:
tainkirrahe wrote:
Sorry, not Perfect Effect, it's 'Perfect Fusion', which is something to do with Fanstoys -

...so, as you can see by the photo, he has various add-on bits so he can be either yer Geewun Cyclonus OR an MP MTMTE Cyclonus!!!! :o :o :o

Oh DANG. Choice of G1 or IDW and he comes with a Targetmaster?? This boy gonna be expensive. :O

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 pm

I dunno, pricewise he may be around the same as Eligos - who I consider overpriced. Of course, we have no bloody idea when he'll actually appear either so the idea of choice may well be moot.

Also, I think he's the first MTMTE-based Masterpiece figure to be made isn't he? Hope we get more.

Lock Cade
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: She/her

Post by Lock Cade » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:13 am

I missed out on Generations: Thrilling 30 voyager-class Brainstorm and deluxe-class Crosscut, so I definitely want to hunt those two down. Then there's Titans Return Krok, the bulk of Takara's Unite Warriors line (Baldigus, Bruticus, Defensor, Megatronia, and Superion), and Combiner Wars Victorion that I need to get semi-caught up with the Combiner Wars and Titans Return lines.

I also have to get caught up on the Takara Masterpiece line, especially earlier releases like Prowl, Wheeljack, and Star Saber.

3rd Party wise, I really need to get caught up collecting all of TFC Toys' LIokaiser/Breastforce guys; I have Leozack, I just need the rest of his teammates.

Think that's about it for all the toys I want/need to catch up on, at least those that are high on my priority list.
You Are Being Deceived

Marken

Post by Marken » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 am

tainkirrahe wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 pm
Ottertron wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm
Ottertron wrote:

Oh DANG. Choice of G1 or IDW and he comes with a Targetmaster?? This boy gonna be expensive. :O
Perfect Fusion is a sub line / imprint of Fans Toys they, apparently, use to book additional factory time. I've heard stories that some Chinese factories give a certain amount of time per manufacturer to their regular customers. Understandably they try to keep all their customers happy by not giving preferential treatment to one manufacturer.

As for price, that hasn't been disclosed but Fans Toys Dinobots retailed for about $200ish per figure whereas PF Cesium (their updated MP scale Slagg) sells for about $130 despite being bigger and more detailed than their original sculpt (Scoria).

As for Quietus, maybe he'll be a similar price to Sovereign (MP Galvatron) which is going for £114.99 on TFS-Express.