How Do You Read Your Comics?

Pirate Sky

Re: How Do You Read Your Comics?

Post by Pirate Sky » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm

I had been reading digitally on the IDW app but have recently switched to Comixology. I do most of my comic reading on my phone on the Metro, so the single-panel Guided View format is really convenient. Sure, you lose a bit of impact from page-reveals, but it's a minor sacrifice for readability.

Ventix
Pronouns/Gender: They/Them

Post by Ventix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I read em' digitally - partially because I don't have any comic book stores around me and because delivery is easier with digital goods. Easy transfer to different platforms to read on the go and to take screencaps for references! I often find myself being a detective when it comes to MTMTE/LL, and it's much easier than scanning.
Though I do miss the feeling of a physical copy in my hands. I'd probably never take them out of the sleeve if I did have them.

RungLover69
Minibot

Post by RungLover69 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 am

I would prefer to read print comics but as Ben said earlier it just isn't as convenient as downloading the comic onto your phone the very second it becomes available on comixology. It's also cheaper and I'm impatient so I just and up reading it that way. Equally, I was a bit late to the comics party so had the entirety of MTMTE to catch up on and, with the transformers comics discounted at the time, I was able to get all of MTMTE and both last stand and sins of the wreckers for around £40 if I remember correctly? So yeah, that with the convenience of having a library of comics on my phone at all times has made comixology my method of choice. Plus, by reading it in that weird automatic mode you never know what's around the corner, adding some extra oomph to some dramatic moments.

SwedishRobotFish
Minibot

Post by SwedishRobotFish » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm

RungLover69 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:03 am
Plus, by reading it in that weird automatic mode you never know what's around the corner, adding some extra oomph to some dramatic moments.
I really hadn't thought about it that way before, but guided mode is definitely a +1 for digital. It also helps for those rare occasions when creators get a little bit too innovative with panel layouts. I've lost count of how many times physical copies have thrown me for a loop because the panel order wasn't entirely clear. Don't have to worry about that when the computer does the thinking for me.

Pretzelcoatl
Minibot

Post by Pretzelcoatl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Singles on comixology as they're released. Then trades for shelving, because I'm an idiot!
Knock-out is the Best One™

Ezim
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: He, Him/Male
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ezim » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm

I used to buy physicals but switched to digital. It just got more inconvenient to go to my PCS and in some cases books would be sold out. I know I could get a pullbox but I didn't want to spend more money than I had to or be obligated to stop in every week. Buying digital is just easier and more convenient for me.