Which Old Toon Are You Watching Now?

waspshot23
Minibot

Which Old Toon Are You Watching Now?

Post by waspshot23 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm slowly working my way through a (fan?)sub of Super God Masterforce for the first time and really loving it!
It's honestly been a long time since I could say that about a TF toon.
So are you indulging in something similar? What do you like about it?
Attachments
6fc.jpg
6fc.jpg (52.15 KiB) Viewed 523 times

AgenderArcee
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which Old Toon Are You Watching Now?

Post by AgenderArcee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:03 am

It's been a bit since I got back to it but I've been intermittently watching the Headmasters anime, out of curiosity after seeing all the anime-style redecoes of Titans Return toys in Takara Legends. It's fun, I love Fortress especially. He's a good dad.

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am

Those following me on Twitter will know that last night I watched The Rebirth for the first ever time! It was...I mean, it was good, but I also felt like I was watching the pilot episodes to a completely different show? Also the animation was so bad ;__; Why AKOM, why??

Miss Trebuchette
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: Female (she/her)

Post by Miss Trebuchette » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 pm

tainkirrahe wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am
Those following me on Twitter will know that last night I watched The Rebirth for the first ever time! It was...I mean, it was good, but I also felt like I was watching the pilot episodes to a completely different show? Also the animation was so bad ;__; Why AKOM, why??
But...it has the second canonical interspecies romance in Transformers! That's gotta count...for something?

As for me, I'm doing my first re-watch of Transformers Prime...I forgot HOW good it is...
It's me (Jenevieve)! Queer trans*lady who's been into robots since she was a little girl watching Prime die the first time in a movie theater. I'm JenApparently on Twitter and Whisky26 on TFW.

Life-long trebuchet enthusiast.

Windblade/Starscream 2020

chromedome113
Minibot

Post by chromedome113 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:38 pm

It wasn't a whole rewatch, but Rescue Bots was on Pop while I was doing chores. What a good wholesome show, Optimus is so much better as a stoic type in Rescue bots than in Prime or RID. He's the straight man and when he says some cute like how he likes the Little Engine that could it's made all the more funnier.

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 am

Miss Trebuchette wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 pm
tainkirrahe wrote:
But...it has the second canonical interspecies romance in Transformers! That's gotta count...for something?

As for me, I'm doing my first re-watch of Transformers Prime...I forgot HOW good it is...
Do you mean Hardhead/Blurr because THAT SURE AS HECK WAS A THING THAT HAPPENED.

Miss Trebuchette
Minibot

Post by Miss Trebuchette » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm

tainkirrahe wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 am
Miss Trebuchette wrote:
tainkirrahe wrote:

YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN!!!

But yes, Hardhead molesting Blurr is definitely a thing. Also, can we talk about how DUMB the idea of Punch/Counter-punch is without an episode devoted to how his whole charade works?! "Watch out guys! My Autobot sibling is right around the corner! Let me go check for him!"

I need to rewatch Rebirth again...it's been a year or two...
It's me (Jenevieve)! Queer trans*lady who's been into robots since she was a little girl watching Prime die the first time in a movie theater. I'm JenApparently on Twitter and Whisky26 on TFW.

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Miss Trebuchette wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 pm
tainkirrahe wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 am
Miss Trebuchette wrote:

YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN!!!

But yes, Hardhead molesting Blurr is definitely a thing. Also, can we talk about how DUMB the idea of Punch/Counter-punch is without an episode devoted to how his whole charade works?! "Watch out guys! My Autobot sibling is right around the corner! Let me go check for him!"

I need to rewatch Rebirth again...it's been a year or two...
Punch/Counterpunch made me laugh SO HARD. "Heeeeey guys there's totally an Autobot who looks like me around these parts! You better watch out for him~ who is totally not me~ in disguise~ haha disguised robots what are those~"

Miss Trebuchette
Minibot

Post by Miss Trebuchette » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm

My queendom for a season 3.5 set right before the Hate Plague that does with the S3/S4 characters what S2 did with all the new 1985 characters...Broadside, the ThrottleBots, the Clones, Slugfest & Overkill, etc.

I could see the Punch/Counter-Punch episode now: "Punch Out"

(okay, I'm juggling between too many tabs right now and I almost ended this post the same way I end emails to my partner--which would'be been AWKWARD)

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Miss Trebuchette wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm
My queendom for a season 3.5 set right before the Hate Plague that does with the S3/S4 characters what S2 did with all the new 1985 characters...Broadside, the ThrottleBots, the Clones, Slugfest & Overkill, etc.

I could see the Punch/Counter-Punch episode now: "Punch Out"

(okay, I'm juggling between too many tabs right now and I almost ended this post the same way I end emails to my partner--which would'be been AWKWARD)
That would be perrrrrfect! So many new TFs showing up in The Rebirth totally frazzled me; I'm going to have to watch it again just to learn all of their names!

Miss Trebuchette
Minibot

Post by Miss Trebuchette » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 am

Yeah, I know! It's weird. If you think about it, the Autobots and Decepticons each have 8 new head and target masters each (I'm not counting Zarak/Scoponok). This is only three more than your standard combiner team. But comparing Rebirth to, say, Key of Vector Sigma, I feel like I got know the Stunticons and Aerialbots better of those two episodes than I did for the "main" S3 characters over 3 episodes. Maybe my brain is character limited at 5 new per episode; 16 broke the bank..(or maybe its actually 32 since they all had people inside them...)

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Miss Trebuchette wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 am
Yeah, I know! It's weird. If you think about it, the Autobots and Decepticons each have 8 new head and target masters each (I'm not counting Zarak/Scoponok). This is only three more than your standard combiner team. But comparing Rebirth to, say, Key of Vector Sigma, I feel like I got know the Stunticons and Aerialbots better of those two episodes than I did for the "main" S3 characters over 3 episodes. Maybe my brain is character limited at 5 new per episode; 16 broke the bank..(or maybe its actually 32 since they all had people inside them...)
Plus I really super love the PLEASE BUY MY TOY episodes! Auto Berserk, Webworld, The Master Builders, Starscream's Brigade/Revenge of Bruticus (sorry, Brrrrruticus), Thief in the Night...

Miss Trebuchette
Minibot

Post by Miss Trebuchette » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 pm

tainkirrahe wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 pm
Miss Trebuchette wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 am
Plus I really super love the PLEASE BUY MY TOY episodes! Auto Berserk, Webworld, The Master Builders, Starscream's Brigade/Revenge of Bruticus (sorry, Brrrrruticus), Thief in the Night...
Me too! The list goes on and on...Golden Lagoon, Sea Change, Blaster Blues, the Secret of Omega Supreme...

Sure they were gimmicky, but I think it's the reason that G1 ended up with the largest, most well-known cast of characters...at the end of the day, G1 is an ensemble show...there might be a core 5-10 characters that are constantly used, but the focus of the series always seems to shift to the bot of the week...

I really wish we would get a new TF series with a similarly large cast...

Timelord
Minibot

Post by Timelord » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Ranma 1/2 :)
As per the usual spiel and all that other stuff.