TFNation

inflatable Dalek
Minibot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TFNation

Post by inflatable Dalek » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 pm

With the tickets for 2018 going on sale tomorrow (and I'm passing up the chance to finally see Star Wars to make sure I'm there on the dot of 12PM to make sure I get a hotel room!), who amongst us will be heading there to gyrate to Bush? https://tfnation.com/2018/
TRANSFORMATION: SHOCKWAVE TOYS WITH YOU
The Autobots surrender in my look at issue 311!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOK!

Pretzelcoatl
Minibot

Re: TFNation

Post by Pretzelcoatl » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Assuming I don't have a meltdown tomorrow, I'll be there all weekend!
Knock-out is the Best One™

Va'al
Combiner Limb

Post by Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Useful stuff from HQ:

The end of this week will see tickets for TFNation 2018 going on sale, and with them the hotel room bookings, so we wanted to make sure all attendees have all the information released so far - up to date, accurate, and concise! Proceeding with order, then:

- TFNation 2018 will take place on Friday 17th, Saturday 18th, and Sunday 19th August 2018 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, UK. (Note: Friday will include entertainment and social events, but no trading.)

- Ticket sales for TFNation 2018 will open at 12 noon GMT on Saturday 3rd February 2018. Ticket prices and types can be found here. After your purchase, tickets will be emailed to you, as well as being available to download on the booking confirmation page.

- To book TFNation 2018 tickets, you can use (but it is not necessary) your pre-existing website account. This is the same as previous years, so please check that the password is still working. In case you have forgotten or misplaced the password, please go through the reset procedure before attempting to book your tickets! If you do intend to use your account, logging in before starting the purchase is the fastest way to complete the booking.

- A link to the hotel room booking mini-site, with TFNation discounted rates will be made available on the ticket purchase confirmation page. It will also be available in the booking confirmation email. Again, prices and types of room can be found here.

- The discounted rates for TFNation currently apply to Friday 17th, Saturday 18th, and Sunday 19th. Hilton Birmingham Metropole have also added offers for Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th, Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st, and Wednesday 22nd - these are entirely at the Hotel's discretion, and likely very limited in numbers.

- All payments for tickets - but not hotel - can be made by Debit Card, Credit Card, and PayPal. You will need (Debit or Credit) card details for a hotel room booking, but no money will be taken at this time.

- In case you missed any of our announcements, the guests confirmed as attending so far can all be found on the TFNation website here.

If you encounter any problems, please contact us immediately, either by sending an email to the team at info@tfnation.com, or via our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter).

To ensure you receive updates as soon as they are available, join our mailing list at https://tfnation.com

Va'al
Combiner Limb

Post by Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:01 pm

It'll be my first one, VERY much looking forward to it! Hopefully I'll be there from the Thursday as I heard tell of people going for a carvery.

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs

Post by tainkirrahe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Awesome, thanks for posting the info Va'al!

And hELL YEAH I will be there \m/ Hoping to do Thursday through Monday this year, because apparently four days of the same hotel bar last year simply were not ENOUGH.

Va'al
Combiner Limb

Post by Va'al » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Planning on Friday to Monday, to accommodate work/travels - flights to Birmingham are not as flexible as one might hope.
Hoping to actually meet in person plenty of online faces and almost names!

Baltan
Minibot

Post by Baltan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:17 pm

I don't think I can make enough to plan a trip to the UK on top of TFCon Toronto, but if I could, maaaaaaan. I'll keep the dream alive just in case.

SwedishRobotFish
Minibot

Post by SwedishRobotFish » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Absolutely intending to nab myself a ticket and a hotel room this year. I haven't had the opportunity to meet with a lot of peeps these past two years, so I'm starved for fun robot social times.

Primarily planning to do Thursday-Monday. Last time I missed out on a lot of the Friday evening stuff thanks to a Mega Bus disaster, so I'd like to avoid that this time around. Also don't want to miss out on hanging with everyone at the bar on the Sunday evening.

Motorthing

Post by Motorthing » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:20 pm

May only make a day as it's going to be a pretty rammed period but I'm determined to go see what the fuss is about even if it is as a Lightweight :D

Spoonatron

Post by Spoonatron » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:30 pm

I'll be there from Friday to Monday.
Emo Puppy - A webcomic about Chihuahuas

waspshot23
Minibot

Post by waspshot23 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 pm

I shall be there tomorrow, sweating profusely as I order my tickets and then I shall be There in August to greet all of you lovely people and have my brain slowly sublimated by the combination of alcohol and Dare being played right in front of me by the man himself.

ZeroKaiser
Minibot

Post by ZeroKaiser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Aiming to be there some time Thursday afternoon until Monday noonish, figure I'll need most of Thursday to recover from trekking all the way down there on the train with all my Forge gear >____>
☆ ~ ZKdraws ~ Twitter ~ Patreon ~ Instagram ~ Tumblr ~ ☆

Adturnbull
Minibot

Post by Adturnbull » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Hope to see you all there.

One other bit of related info regards tickets/hotel booking in relation to family rooms.

Long term TFNation attendees will note that our 2018 bedroom allocation does not include Family rooms when booking their stay… however, there is more to this than meets the eye.

TFNation and the Hilton Birmingham Metropole share a great relationship. Our attendees are well behaved, respectful and a lot of fun and this reflects on TFNation and all of you when we are working with the Hilton to ensure the experience is the best possible. However. an issue has emerged around the booking of family rooms. Through analysing TFNation’s bookings over the last few years, it is apparent that some attendees are booking family rooms for very small parties, and in some instances just for a single person.

The hotel and TFNation are saddened by this development. It means that as a result of a minority of people, we find ourselves in the position that these rooms are not available when families are looking to book their accommodation. This is all the more upsetting when considering that to some families, often including groups of young children, the availability of these rooms can make of break their chances of attending. As an event which prides itself on being family friendly, this is not a situation that we or the Hilton could allow to continue.

Much to the Hilton’s credit, Family rooms have not been taken away from us. This is a great gesture, as these rooms are provided at the hotel’s discretion in any event. Going forward a new booking system has been put in place to ensure that these rooms are only reserved by groups who genuinely need them. We have not requested this, but we understand the reasons behind it.

I need to book a family room for myself and my nearest and dearest. How do I go about doing this?

Once you have purchased your TFNation tickets, you will be provided with the option to book regular bedrooms. You will also be provided with a telephone number, should you wish to book a family room. You will need to call the number and tell the operator that you are attending the “TFNation Transformers Convention”. Importantly, you will also have to tell them the convention dates, and the specific hotel where the convention is being held. This is because Hilton utilises worldwide booking systems, so you the person you are speaking is not guaranteed to be basedat the Birmingham site.

Availability and rates will be discussed with you over the telephone, once you have explained the size of your party.

Please note that TFNation will not have any direct input into these rooms, their availability or their rates. If we are asked questions about them, all we will be able to do is relate you back to this information post.

We appreciate this is not an ideal system for our attendees. Likewise, this system provides more work for the hotel (it is much easier to sell rooms online). Sadly, this is a necessary measure which has had to be taken in response to previous bookings of these room types. We applaud the Hilton for working with us and being proactive in trying to find a way to ensure that these rooms only go to the people who need them the most. If you are a single traveller, or part of a pair, please consider a smaller room option, as this will not only reduce your costs, but will give attendees with children the chance to experience TFNation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Adturnbull
Minibot

Post by Adturnbull » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 pm

I'm going to be there from Wednesday to Wednesday - time before to chill, time to work and then time to decompress afterwards before heading back home.