MTMTE Krok

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

MTMTE Krok

Post by Ottertron » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 pm

So, for me, Titans Return Krok just doesn't look enough like the Krok we know and love from More Than Meets The Eye. The eye-violent colours and alt mode don't sit right with me at all. However if you look at his general frame, it looks a whole lot like Combiner Wars Air Raid, if you ask me.

I've been wanting to do this one for a long time now but it's taken me until now to get my hands on an affordable Air Raid! He finally arrived from China today so I can't wait to crack on.

Repaint and head replacement aside, I'll be making a fair few physical changes to the base figure too -

Most obviously I'll be removing the jet mode rear fins from his legs entirely and removing his entire backpack, aside from the framework, including nosecone, and trimming and relocating the wings to his shoulders.

I'll also probably build out his forearms and work on his chest to make it a little more comic accurate. I may else extend his feet, I'm not sure yet.

The beauty of the MTMTE version of Krok is that since he's a Monoformer, you can do away with most of his kibble, meaning you're less beholden to making sure he can actually transform into something decent looking.

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Re: MTMTE Krok

Post by Ottertron » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:12 pm

My first rough-as-bears-arse pass it it. More work to do, obvs, this is just a rough take.

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs
Has thanked: 0

Post by tainkirrahe » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 pm

Looking good so far!

Ottertron
Combiner Limb

Post by Ottertron » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 am

Fixed the colours as the black just didn't look right - he looked like Kickback :S

Just need to attach the shoulder panels and back fin tomorrow and build his chest out before adding his head now.