Something Could be Better? SHOUT!

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Re: Something Could be Better? SHOUT!

Post by domsalvia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:38 pm

That is fully sensible request and I'll add it to the list. Should be easy enough to sort, leave it with me.

edit: added!!

Lock Cade
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: She/her

Post by Lock Cade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:48 pm

Hmm, I notice that we have 2 Comics subforums -- one for the discussion of official Transformers comics (IDW, Marvel, etc) and the other one for fan-made comics (be they're drawn by hand/digitally or photocomics).

To avoid confusion between the two, may I suggest renaming those sections to Comics Discussion and Fan-made Comics (or just rename the one under the Creative section to Fan-made Comics)?
You Are Being Deceived

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Things have settled a bit, I've reviewed the terms of the hosting and it says unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, and it seems the files are stored in the file system so I've bumped the max attachment size to 2 megs. Hopefully this will help people out with getting stuff uploaded :D

Vigadeath
Minibot

Post by Vigadeath » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:16 am

Is there scope for a YouTube section? A place for people to post their latest videos/reviews/discussion videos in one sub forum?

Also with regards to reviews, is it worth having a separate forum for toy reviews or just keeping those sort of posts in the Toys sun-forum?
Keep it #Refined
refinedrobotco.blogspot.co.uk

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:31 am

Initially I was gonna separate out things more, like there were official and 3rd party toy forums. But I don't think there is so much traffic that one forum will be deluged by people posting their stuff that it becomes unworkable. If I'm wrong then I'll move stuff about a bit, but I trust people to have a bit of sense about posting stuff.

If there is an active thread about toy x, probably post the link in that thread? If you are prolific AF and churn out vids then make yourself a thread and update that with new things. As with all other things, just do what feels right and considerate and I reckon it'll be fine, if I'm wrong we can chat again (I'm always open to being wrong, 'cos then things can be made better).

edit: If you do make a thread try to not give it a title about the you, like "that toy x is nice innit" rather than "<user z> reviews toy x", then other people can swing in to it with their own stuff. Obvs if you a lot of stuff your own personal thread would be your own etc.

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Been investigating getting the likes system to work and I had it working on a secondary test forum set up without any other set up done on it or extensions added. When I get time I'll try adding things in slowly on there until I break it and see if there is a clash with other stuff added.

The idea is not dead, it's my just finding the time...

phantomfish
Minibot

Post by phantomfish » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:36 pm

How about a sightings area. I mainly use TFW for checking on sightings in the UK sightings section. It may be useful to have something similar, possibly for the major places (UK, USA, Japan etc).

tainkirrahe
Lady with Powahs
Has thanked: 0

Post by tainkirrahe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:59 pm

phantomfish wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:36 pm
How about a sightings area. I mainly use TFW for checking on sightings in the UK sightings section. It may be useful to have something similar, possibly for the major places (UK, USA, Japan etc).
That could be a good idea, one thread per country perhaps?

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Sounds good. I'll check the where are you from thread and make some OPs for represented regions...

Va'al
Combiner Limb

Post by Va'al » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:41 am

domsalvia wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:46 pm
Sounds good. I'll check the where are you from thread and make some OPs for represented regions...
I Was Useful For Something!

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Likes, or "Thanks" as the system I've set up calls them, have now been enable. You can find the button on the top right of a post, next to the quote button:
like.PNG
like.PNG (1.77 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Also, you can tag users in a post by '@'ing them, this will highlight the name the post and add a notification in their notifications section when the next log in.

Let me know if anything unexpected happens.

:D

Kurona
Minibot
Pronouns/Gender: Female (She/Her)

Post by Kurona » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:40 pm

The 'thank' counter underneath the profile image and pronouns and such doesn't seem to be working...

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 am

Kurona wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:40 pm
The 'thank' counter underneath the profile image and pronouns and such doesn't seem to be working...
Will have a investigate innabit, thanks for the nudge. :)

Had a wee dig. I had set the thank counters to not show but it turns out that just makes the values appear as 0 rather than hide the fields. I've enabled them for now to stop it looking poopy, bit might have a hack at the extension to see if I can hide the fields all together if disabled, not sure if a thanks counter per person really needs to be displayed. Dunno, it also sounds suspiciously like work :lol:

jobot935
Pronouns/Gender: She/Her
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jobot935 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Do we have a section for organizing meet-ups?

It could go under general chat, but might also be easier to find posts if it had its own section.

domsalvia
Matrix Carrier

Post by domsalvia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:27 pm

jobot935 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm
Do we have a section for organizing meet-ups?

It could go under general chat, but might also be easier to find posts if it had its own section.
I think Becka made a thread for her meet up post in chat so I would pop it in there. If more meet ups start to happen then we could easily add a forum special for it tho.